- How does Cozify work?
- Is it difficult to setup the system?
- Do I need a certified electrician to do the installation?
- Which mobile devices do you support?
- Which devices and radios Cozify supports?
- Do I need manufacturer specific gateways or hubs?
- What can I do with lights?
- How to reset Osram Lightify Lights?
- How do I add a 433MHz signal transmitter to Cozify?
- I'm not able to add a supported device to Cozify?
- What can I do with Sonos wireless speakers?
- What can I do with Nyce or Belkin Wemo motion sensor?
- What can I do with Belkin Wemo Insight Power Switch?
- Is remote access supported?
- How can I add user rights to family members?
- What are user roles?
- Notifications, what if I want to receive notifications?
- Rules and scenes are mentioned here and there. What are these?
- How do you take into consideration security related issues?
- I'm not receiving text messages?
- My phone is always in remote state?
- Does Cozify work during power outages?
- When is Z-Wave support coming?
How does Cozify work?
With Cozify Hub, you can automate wireless devices built by different manufacturers to work seamlessly together. Basic control of devices, like turning lights, devices and music on and off is done using super easy-to-use Cozify app. You can create rules to improve the experience, by for example setting the lights to turn on when you enter the room. Or bind together more complex set of features, like turning lights on, play music and switch fan on in the morning at 7:30am.
In the end, only your own imagination sets the limit how to utilize Cozify home automation.
Is it difficult to setup the system?
Cozify Hub is very easy to setup. Plug the power on, open Cozify app and follow instructions. You need to create an account and type in activation code which is sent to you over email. Device discovery is initiated from the Cozify app.Back to top
Do I need a certified electrician to do the installation?
No, you don't. Installation is easy to do and can be done by anyone. Technical skills are not needed.Back to top
What mobile devices do you support?
Cozify app works in iOS 9.0 (or later) and Android 4.1 (or later).Back to top
Which devices and radios Cozify supports?Back to top
Do I need manufacturer specific gateways or hubs?
No, Cozify Hub takes care of it all. For example Philips Hue bridge or Osram Lightify gateway are not needed.Back to top
What can I do with lights?
You can change light color, brightness and temperature. You can store these values into rules and scenes to take them into action when needed. Lights can be controlled using easy-to-use Cozify app, schedule lights to turn on and off when needed or set the lights to turn on when you step into the room or come home from work.Back to top
How to reset Osram Lightify lights?
To reset Osram Lightify lights, run five powercycles for the lamps/luminaires to reset them. This is done by switching them on for five seconds and off again for five seconds and repeating this for five times.Back to top
How do I add a 433MHz signal transmitter to Cozify?
The signal transmitter device itself is not paired with Cozify as a device.
The signal transmitter listens arriving 433MHz messages and if it detects a signal it's been taught to recognize, it passes the message forward as it is.
There are two different types of devices:
Devices that are being commanded to do something (e.g. power plug)
Devices that are sending messages (e.g. motion sensor)
First pair the device (not the transmitter device itself, but the device that sends the message that you wish to transmit with the transmitter) to Cozify normally in close proximity to the Hub.
After you've succesfully added the device to Cozify and seen it reacting to / sending to Cozify the commands, this device's signal is being then taught to the signal transmitter device.
- Press the pairing-button from the signal transmitter device and after that put the power plug or other device you wish to on and off in such phase that the device reacts correctly. End the pairing mode of the signal transmitter device. Now the signal of the controlled device is sent to Cozify via the signal transmitter.
- For the devices that are sending messages to Cozify (e.q. motion sensor) press the pairing-button in the signal transmitter device and after that make the motion sensor to sense movement, which the signal transmitter device registers and passes on to Hub. End the pairing mode of the signal transmitter device. Now the signal of the sensing device is sent to Cozify via the signal transmitter.
Back to top
I'm not able to add a supported device to Cozify?
The devices are added/paired to Cozify during the setup process. Later, devices can be added from the DEVICES section by cliking the (+) icon at the top right corner.
In case the pairing isn't working for some reason, try the following:
433Mhz devices (e.g. Nexa / Proove)
- Bring the device close to Cozify Hub and re-start the device adding process in the app.
- In case the device scanning can't find the device, reset the device according to the manufacturer's instruction, take the battery off for a while and try again.
Proove power plug
Firstly, try to pair the device in close promixity to Hub. If it doesn't work out, try resetting the plug to factory settings, before trying to add the device again. Reset instructions:
- Press the button of the plug for 5 seconds, until the light starts blinking
- Press the button once again, the plug should make a couple of clicking sounds
- Pair the device to Cozify again following Cozify's in-app instructions
In case of multiple Proove plugs, make sure the plugs are further than 1 meter away from each other to avoid signal interference
OSRAM LIGHTIFY power plug
Firstly, try to pair the device in close promixity to the Hub. If it doesn't work out, try resetting the plug to factory default settings, before trying to add the device again. Reset instructions:
- Take the plug out from the wall
- Press the plug's button down and insert the plug to the wall while still pressing down the button
- Release the button when the plug makes a clicking sound
OSRAM LIGHTIFY lights
In case you are not able to add your Osram Lightify light to Cozify, try resetting the light:
- Reset Osram Lightify lamp by putting the device on for 5 minutes, and then off for 5 minutes.
- Repeat this On/off procedure 5 times. Once the resetting is succesfull, the lamp goes once off for a short while.
PHILIPS HUE lights
- Go to device scanning mode by pressing from DEVICES view top right corner the (+) icon
- Turn on the Hue lamp
- Wait patiently atleast 30seconds until the device appears on the added devices list. (Sometimes it takes longer for the lamp to respond to the pairing requests)
The pairing works the best if the lamp is during the procedure next to Cozify Hub
In case this doesn't work, the lamp can be factory resetted with a Philips Hue Dimmer Switch:
- Bring Philips Dimmer Switch right next to the the lamp you wish to reset, and press the I and 0 buttons simultanously
- Press the buttons for 10seconds - until the light flashes a couple of times
- After this the lamp is resetted and the pairing to Cozify can be started
PHILIPS HUE MOTION sensorReset the device:
- Press and hold the Setup button (small hole at the back of the device) for 10 seconds
- Orange blinking: sensor is ready for installation
- Pair the device again from the Cozify app’s Devices section (“+”-icon at the top right corner)
- Wait a moment and the device should appear to the Found Devices list in the view - make sure it's selected, and choose DONE
FOSCAM C2 (In case of WiFi-connection)
(In case you've forgotted the camera password, reset the camera by pressing the WPS reset button down for 30 seconds).
- Attach the camera to you WiFi-router via Ethernet cable
- Download and install on your computer from the Foscam website www.foscam.com Support -> Download center -> Software Tools -section's Tools: Equipment Search Tool (Mac / Windows) software, and from Plugins: Plugin for HD Cameras (Mac / Windows) software
- Launch the Equipment Search Tool and choose the camera from the list by double clicking
- This opens a page to a web browser (In case you are using Chrome browser by default, copy the opened url-address from the address field, and open the same web address in Firefox or Safari browser)
- Allow the page to use the proposed plugin, and sign in with factory default username and password (in the reset case) OR by your own defined user name and password
- The page asks you to set a new username and password
- Sign in with the new username and password
- Choose from the sidebar Network -> Wireless Settings -> Press button "Scan" and choose your home WiFi from the list, and join the WiFi network by typing its password
- Now the camera should work in your WiFi network and it should be addable to Cozify. After connecting it with Cozify close the Foscam admin view
Back to top
What can I do with Sonos wireless speakers?
Music can be turned on and off when needed. Set the right volume, pick up songs and radio channels from your Sonos favourites and play lists. Start playing music automatically when you enter the room or schedule the song to wake you up in the morning. Sonos Play:1 is humidity resistant, so it is optimal for use in a terrace or in a bathroom.Back to top
What can I do with Nyce or Belkin Wemo motion sensor?
With motion sensors you can guide your lights, power switches and wireless speakers to turn on when you step into the room. During night time the lights can be set to switch on dimmed when someone is in a need for a late night snack or needs to take a moment in the bathroom.Back to top
What can I do with Belkin Wemo Insight Power Switch?
Power switch is a powerful device to turn small household devices on and off, remotely. You can turn fan on from the couch, set the coffee maker to turn on automatically in the morning, set your chili plant lights to turn on and off with an optimal schedule, and a lot more. Only limit is your own imagination.
And what is best, you don't have to wonder if the iron was left on again. With Cozify app, you can set the iron to turn off automatically after, say, 20 minutes or switch the iron off from where ever you are.
Is remote access supported?
Yes, it is. Remotely, you can check the device status, switch devices on and off, set scenes on and off, create new rules and a lot more over any internet connection.Back to top
How can I add user rights to family members?
Step 1: New user - request access to Cozify
- To get user right, the user needs to download and install Cozify mobile application from the app store and register to it as a user
- The user needs to be on the same WiFi network with the hub
- The new user signs in to Cozify application, and requests user right by choosing the hub from the hub list (the hubs on the same WiFi network are displayed on the list)
- Once the hub owner has granted user the rights, the user gets to the access to the hub
Step 2: Owner - grant user rights
When a new user has requested the access rights
- choose MENU - Hub Settings
- At the bottom of the page are listed the hub's users, including the new user that has requested for the access
- Grant the user the access rights (Owner, User or Guest) (More about the user rights)
- The new user role will be updated to the Hub in a moment, that usually takes around 30seconds. After this the granted user sees his/her rights update in the Choose Hub -list. After this the user can access the Hub by selecting it from the hub list.
Back to top
What are user roles?
User access rights are defined using user roles. Different roles are:
Access rights for different user roles are described in table below:
|Create / Update groups||X||X||X|
|Scenes & rules|
|List scenes & rules||X||X||X||X|
|Control scenes & rules||X||X||X||X|
|Create / Update scenes & rules||X||X||X|
|Remove scenes & rules||X||X||X|
|Grant access rights||X||X|
|Hide & lock devices from others||X|
|Confirm alerts read||X||X||X|
Notifications, what if I want to receive notifications ?
You can create a rule to send notification to you when someone is moving at your home when you are at work. Also, it is possible to receive notification, when your child arrives home from school. Or from his or her hobbies.
Or go even beyond. Send notification when lights are turned on. Send notification if someone plays music at 2am (in other words, your teenager is having a blast when you are travelling). Send notification if electric device has been on over 20 minutes. And so forth.
Rules and scenes are mentioned here and there. What are these?
Rules group together devices; set how and when you want devices to act. With rules you can tell to lights to switch on when motion on is noticed. Light color, brightness and temperature are stored in the rule. Rules are stored under a scene.
You can store one or several rules, or individual devices under a scene. For example, turn lights automatically on, turn music on and switch power socket on. All this at 7:30am. Name of the scene could be for example "Wakeup". Scenes can be set to turn on automatically, or on certain time and day. Scenes can be scheduled to follow your daily rhythm. Home works in a certain way during night time. In the morning your devices and lights follow your morning routines.
How do you take into consideration security related issues?
Security is, and has been a top priority for us right from the beginning. Our hub architecture has been audited by independent 3rd party company. Our app must be authorized to be able to connect into your devices and Cozify Hub.
If you have any other questions that should be listed here, please contact us at email@example.com.Back to top
I'm not receiving text messages?
If the phone number is not set in the user's settings, the sms messages can no be sent. Fill/check the phone number at MAIN MENU -> MY SETTINGS -> Phone number.
If the rule suggestions doesn't have its own text message feature - create new rule for the sms sending, e.g. 'Send sms, when door opens'. Choose the option 'Send SMS to the user's phone number'.
The number of text messages per Hub is limited to 10 messages / hour, 25 messages / 24h.Back to top
My phone is always in remote state?
If you use VPN in your phone, make sure it doesn't block you from connecting to your local WiFiBack to top
Does Cozify work during power outages?
All electric devices require electricity. For power outages you can prepare by using ups-batteries: View examples
Remote control doesn't work without Internet connection, but Cozify works independently, excluding remote notifications/control + the video won't be saved to the cloud service.Back to top
When is Z-Wave support coming?
Unfortunately we are not able to still give an exact release date for the support of Z-Wave devices. Its release is competing in priorization with other device supports we are currently building. However, we intend to still release the support for Z-Wave; possibly during the end of this year.Takaisin ylös